A feminist critique of education : 15 years of gender education, edited by Christine Skelton and Becky FrancisThe Resource A feminist critique of education : 15 years of gender education, edited by Christine Skelton and Becky Francis
- A feminist critique of education : 15 years of gender education, edited by Christine Skelton and Becky Francis
- Title remainder
- 15 years of gender education
- Statement of responsibility
- edited by Christine Skelton and Becky Francis
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references
- Introduction / Christine Skelton and Becky Francis -- Pupils, resistance, and gender codes : a study of classroom encounters / Sheila Riddell -- "Girlies on the warpath" : addressing gender in initial teacher education / Amanda J. Coffey and Sandra Acker -- Masculinity, violence, and schooling : challenging "poisonous pedagogies" / Jane Kenway and Lindsay Fitzclarence -- "Spice girls," "nice girls," "girlies," and "tomboys" : gender discourses, girls' cultures, and femininities in the primary classroom / Diane Reay -- Reproducing traditional femininities? : the social relations of "special educational needs" in a girls' comprehensive school / Shereen Benjamin -- Teaching post-structuralist feminist theory in education : student resistances / Alison Jones -- The subject of post-structuralism : a reply to Alison Jones / Bronwyn Davies -- Equal opportunities : rhetoric or action / Sue Lees and Maria Scott -- Voice, harmony, and fugue in global feminism / Nelly P. Stromquist -- Making a difference : women in management in Australian and Canadian faculties of education / Johanna Wyn, Sandra Acker, and Elisabeth Richards -- Consumerism and gender in an era of school choice : a look at US charter schools / Amy Stambach -- Death to critique and dissent? : the policies and practices of new managerialism and of "evidence-based practice" / Bronwyn Davies -- Viewpoint : a lost dimension? : the political education of women in the suffragette movement in Edwardian Britain / June Purvis -- To "blaise the trail for women to follow along" : sex, gender, and the politics of education on the London School Board, 1870-1904 / Jane Martin -- Teachers and issues of sexual orientation / Gillian Squirrell -- Walking through walls : the sexual harassment of high school girls / June Larkin -- Boyz' own stories : masculinities and sexualities in schools / Debbie Epstein -- Modern traditions? : British Muslim women and academic achievement / Fauzia Ahmad -- Theorising inner-city masculinities : "race," class, gender, and education / Louise Archer and Hiromi Yamashita -- Shaun's story : troubling discourses of white working-class masculinities / Diane Reay -- Uneasy hybrids : psychosocial aspects of becoming educationally successful for working-class young women / Helen Lucey, June Melody, and Valerie Walkerdine.mission : a dialog oom / Diane Re
- Control code
- 24 cm
- vii, 336 p.
- Isbn Type
- System control number
ContextContext of A feminist critique of education : 15 years of gender education, edited by Christine Skelton and Becky Francis
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance A feminist critique of education : 15 years of gender education, edited by Christine Skelton and Becky Francis
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/0oyPVYqIoSk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/0oyPVYqIoSk/">A feminist critique of education : 15 years of gender education, edited by Christine Skelton and Becky Francis</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/#Deakin%20University%20Library"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/">Deakin University Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Deakin University Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...