The Resource Understanding the essay, edited by Patricia Foster & Jeff Porter
- Understanding the essay, edited by Patricia Foster & Jeff Porter
- Statement of responsibility
- edited by Patricia Foster & Jeff Porter
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references
- Introduction: "A History and Poetics of the Essay," Jeff Porter -- Introduction to David Foster Wallace -- Reading "A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again," Jeff Porter -- Introduction to Anne Carson -- Reading "On Trout," Eula Biss -- Introduction to Jamaica Kincaid -- Reading A Small Place, Donald Morrill -- Introduction to Scott Russell Sanders -- Reading "Under the Influence," James McKean -- Introduction to Joy Williams -- Reading "The Case Against Babies," Sara Levine -- Introduction to Joan Didion -- Reading "Georgia O'Keeffe," Patricia Foster -- Introduction to John McPhee -- Reading Encounters with the Archdruid, Adam Hochschild -- Introduction to Cynthia Ozick -- Reading "A Drugstore in Winter," Sven Birkerts -- Introduction to James Baldwin -- Reading "Notes of a Native Son," Honor Moore -- Introduction to Seymour Krim -- Reading "For My Brothers and Sisters in the Failure Business," Vivian Gornick -- Introduciton to Ralph Ellison -- Reading "The Little Man in Chehaw Station," Gayle Pemberton -- Introduction to George Orwell -- Reading "A Hanging," Carl H. Klaus -- Introduction to F. Scott Fitzgerald -- Reading "The Crack-Up," Patricia Hampl -- Introduction to Virginia Woolf -- Reading "Street Haunting," Marilyn Abildskov -- Introduction to Mark Twain -- Reading "To the Person Sitting in Darkness," Robin Hemley -- Introduction to William Hazlitt -- Reading "On the Pleasure of Hating," Phillip Lopate -- Introduction to Charles Lamb -- Reading "New Year's Eve," David Lazar -- Introduction to Jonathan Swift -- Reading "A Modest Proposal," Xu Xi -- Introduction to Michel de Montaigne -- Reading "On Some Verses of Virgil," David Hamilton -- Key Terms for the Essay -- Contributors
- Control code
- 23 cm
- xxiv, 261 p.
- System control number
ContextContext of Understanding the essay, edited by Patricia Foster & Jeff Porter
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance Understanding the essay, edited by Patricia Foster & Jeff Porter
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/27-p6nDxwzQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/27-p6nDxwzQ/">Understanding the essay, edited by Patricia Foster & Jeff Porter</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/#Deakin%20University%20Library"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/">Deakin University Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Deakin University Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...