The Resource The banking panics of the Great Depression, Elmus Wicker
- The banking panics of the Great Depression, Elmus Wicker
- Statement of responsibility
- Elmus Wicker
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 166-170) and index
- 1. The banking situation in the United States, 1921-33. States of the economy, 1921-9 and 1930-3. The incidence of bank suspensions. Financial condition of US banks: 1921-9 and 1930-3. Definitions, characteristics and theories of banking panics. Banking panics of the Great Depression: an overview -- 2. The banking crisis of 1930. The geographical incidence of the banking crisis of 1930. The microhistory of the banking crisis. Interest rates and the banking crisis of 1930. Expenditure effects of the banking crisis. The banking crisis as a cause of the Great Depression. The role of the Federal Reserve in the banking crisis. What should the Fed have done? -- 3. The two banking crises of 1931. The region specific second banking crisis: April-August 1931. The third banking crisis: September-October 1931 - two crises contrasted. Mini panics in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and Chicago. The gold crisis: Britain's departure from the gold standard and the Fed's response
- Was there something special about the 1931 banking crisis? Role of the 1931 crises in contributing to the Great Depression -- 4. The banking panic of 1933. The long pause between financial storms: 1932. The gathering storm. The external drain. Money and capital markets during the panic. The Fed's response to the gathering storm. Expenditure effects of the 1933 panic. Did the 1933 panic resemble pre-1914 panics? The resolution of the banking panic -- 5. Banking crises of the Great Depression: a reassessment. The geographical incidence of banking crises. Did the banking crises of the Great Depression differ from pre-1914 panics? Did bank failures cause the Great Depression? The role of gold during banking panics. Causes of bank suspensions: random withdrawals or asset shocks?
- Control code
- 24 cm
- xviii, 174 p.
- Isbn Type
- Other physical details
- ill., maps
- System control number
ContextContext of The banking panics of the Great Depression, Elmus Wicker
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance The banking panics of the Great Depression, Elmus Wicker
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/2ZTqkTnk5io/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/2ZTqkTnk5io/">The banking panics of the Great Depression, Elmus Wicker</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/#Deakin%20University%20Library"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/">Deakin University Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Deakin University Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...