The Resource A black physician's struggle for civil rights : Edward C. Mazique, M.D.
- A black physician's struggle for civil rights : Edward C. Mazique, M.D.
- Title remainder
- Edward C. Mazique, M.D.
- Statement of responsibility
- Florence Ridlon
- United States
- Civil Rights -- history
- Mazique, Edward Craig, 1911-1987
- Health services accessibility -- United States -- History -- 20th century
- Right to health -- United States -- History -- 20th century
- Minorities -- Medical care -- United States -- History -- 20th century
- History, 20th Century
- African American physicians -- Biography
- African Americans
- "This biography traces the career of an African American physician and civil rights advocate, Edward Craig Mazique (1911-1987), from the poverty and discrimination of Natchez, Mississippi, to his status as a prominent physician in Washington, D.C. Florence Ridlon relates how Dr. Mazique's grandfather went from being a slave to becoming one of the largest landowners in Adams County, Mississippi. This story of one man's accomplishments, in spite of many opposing forces, is also a chapter in the struggle of African Americans to achieve equality in the twentieth century."--Jacket
- Biography type
- individual biography
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- R53 2005
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
ContextContext of A black physician's struggle for civil rights : Edward C. Mazique, M.D.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work A black physician's struggle for civil rights : Edward C. Mazique, M.D.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/4WrvkhEOsA8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/4WrvkhEOsA8/">A black physician's struggle for civil rights : Edward C. Mazique, M.D.</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/#Deakin%20University%20Library"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/">Deakin University Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Deakin University Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...