The Resource Romantic women writers : voices and countervoices, edited by Paula R. Feldman and Theresa M. Kelley
- Romantic women writers : voices and countervoices, edited by Paula R. Feldman and Theresa M. Kelley
- Title remainder
- voices and countervoices
- Statement of responsibility
- edited by Paula R. Feldman and Theresa M. Kelley
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -315) and index
- Introduction / Theresa M. Kelley and Paula R. Feldman -- The Gush of the Feminine: How Can We Read Women's Poetry of the Romantic Period? / Isobel Armstrong -- Gendering the Soul / Susan Wolfson -- Mary Shelley, Frankenstein, and the Woman Writer's Fate / Stephen Behrendt -- De-Romanticizing the Subject: Maria Edgeworth's "The Bracelets," Mythologies of Origin, and the Daughter's Coming to Writing / Mitzi Myers -- "We Hoped the Woman Was Going to Appear": Repression, Desire, and Gender in Anna Letitia Barbauld's Early Poems / William McCarthy -- Felicia Hemans and the Effacement of Woman / Anthony John Harding -- Resurrection of the Fetish in Gradiva, Frankenstein, and Wuthering Heights / Judith Pike -- Gender, Nationality, and Textual Authority in Lady Morgan's Travel Books / Jeanne Moskal -- Expanding the Limits of Feminine Writing: The Prose Sketches of Sydney Owenson (Lady Morgan) and Helen Maria Williams / Richard C. Sha
- Janet Little and Robert Burns: The Politics of the Heart / Moira Ferguson -- "Out of the Pale of Social Kindred Cast": Conflicted Performance Styles in Joanna Baillie's De Monfort / Catherine B. Burroughs -- The Gipsy Is a Jewess: Harriett Abrams and Theatrical Romanticism / Susan Levin -- Mary Robinson and the Literary Marketplace / Judith Pascoe
- Control code
- 24 cm
- viii, 326 p.
- System control number
ContextContext of Romantic women writers : voices and countervoices, edited by Paula R. Feldman and Theresa M. Kelley
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance Romantic women writers : voices and countervoices, edited by Paula R. Feldman and Theresa M. Kelley
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/5w20Rw0OpuI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/5w20Rw0OpuI/">Romantic women writers : voices and countervoices, edited by Paula R. Feldman and Theresa M. Kelley</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/#Deakin%20University%20Library"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/">Deakin University Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Deakin University Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...