The Resource Overcoming personal racism : what can I do?
- Overcoming personal racism : what can I do?
- Title remainder
- what can I do?
- Statement of responsibility
- Derald Wing Sue
- Title variation
- What can I do?
- "Based upon testimony before President Clinton's Race Advisory Board, Dr. Sue suggests what each of us can do to overcome our personal racism. He first speaks to the barriers that prevent us from being honest with ourselves, including emotional roadblocks regarding racism, and the difficulty in understanding the oppressor position one occupies. He extracts five basic principles of how one overcomes racism: (1) learn about people of color from sources within the group, (2) learn from healthy and strong people of the culture, (3) learn from experiential reality, (4) learn from constant vigilance of your biases and fears, and (5) learn from being committed to personal action against racism. "--Website
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- Series statement
- Counseling and therapy in video, volume 1
- Psychology of racism and antiracism
- Series volume
ContextContext of Overcoming personal racism : what can I do?
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Overcoming personal racism : what can I do?
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/Apo1_hrAcKQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/Apo1_hrAcKQ/">Overcoming personal racism : what can I do?</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/#Deakin%20University%20Library"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/">Deakin University Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Processing Feedback ...