Creativity in language and literature : the state of the art, edited by Joe Swann, Rob Pope and Ronald CarterThe Resource Creativity in language and literature : the state of the art, edited by Joe Swann, Rob Pope and Ronald Carter
- Creativity in language and literature : the state of the art, edited by Joe Swann, Rob Pope and Ronald Carter
- Title remainder
- the state of the art
- Statement of responsibility
- edited by Joe Swann, Rob Pope and Ronald Carter
- Formerly CIP.
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references and index
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Introduction: Creativity, Language, Literature / Joan Swann -- pt. I CREATIVITIES: TEXTS IN CONTEXT, GENRES IN PRACTICE -- 2.Give Me (Deep Intake of Breath) Inspiration / Patience Agbabi -- 3.C̀an't We Ever, My Love, Speak in the Same Language?': Everyday Language and Creative Tension in the Poetry of Louis MacNeice / Richard Danson Brown -- 4.The Bilingual Verbal Art of Fama: Linguistic Hybridity and Creativity of a Hong Kong Hip-Hop Group / Angel Lin -- 5.Metaphor in Prosaic and Poetic Creativity / Lynne Cameron -- 6.Metaphor, Creativity and the Experience of Pain across Genres / Elena Semino -- 7.Word Play across Languages and Cultures / G. D. Jayalakshmi -- pt. II CREATIVITY ACROSS MODES, MEDIA AND TECHNOLOGIES -- 8.Chains of Transformation: The Making of Heavy Water: A Film for Chernobyl / Mario Petrucci -- 9.Intimate Strangers: Dialogue and Creativity in Penfriend Correspondence / Janet Maybin --
- Contents note continued: 10.Look him Over Here: Creativity, Materiality and Representation in New Communication Technologies / Angela Goddard -- 11.Improvisations and Transformations across Modes: The Case of a Classroom Multimodal Box Project / Kate Pahl -- 12.Hybridity in the Mind and on the Page: Genre, Words, Music and Narrative / Michelene Wandor -- 13.Mature Poet Steals: Sonnet as Problem Page / Patience Agbabi -- 14.Stones in Performance / Joan Swann -- pt. III CREATIVE INTERPRETATIONS: RESPONSE, READING, REWRITING -- 15.The First Three Minutes: Seducing the Audience in Arranged Marriage / G. D. Jayalakshmi -- 16.Authenticity and Creativity in Reading Lamentation / Peter Stockwell -- 17.How Reading Groups Talk about Books: A Study of Literary Reception / Joan Swann -- 18.Reader Response and the Formulation of Literary Judgement / Jane Spiro -- 19.Practical Measures: Poet as Editor / Fiona Sampson -- 20.Rewriting the Critical-Creative Continuum: 1̀0x ...' / Rob Pope --
- Contents note continued: 21.Reading a Hindi Poem: Lost in Translation? / Rukmini Bhaya Nair -- 22.An A-Z of Textual Re-creation / Rob Pope -- pt. IV OPEN QUESTIONS, ONGOING DEBATES -- 23.The Production of C̀reativity' / Daniel Allington -- 24.In Defence of Genius / Guy Cook -- 25.Creative Writing: Habitat Homo Sapiens / Graeme Harper -- 26.Three Reflections on Creativity and Writing / Jon Cook -- 27.Creativity Looks at Language / Ruth Finnegan -- 28.Epilogue - Creativity: Postscripts and Prospects / Ronald Carter
- Control code
- 24 cm
- xviii, 349 p.
- Isbn Type
- Other physical details
- System control number
ContextContext of Creativity in language and literature : the state of the art, edited by Joe Swann, Rob Pope and Ronald Carter
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance Creativity in language and literature : the state of the art, edited by Joe Swann, Rob Pope and Ronald Carter
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/BPLpITU01jQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/BPLpITU01jQ/">Creativity in language and literature : the state of the art, edited by Joe Swann, Rob Pope and Ronald Carter</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/#Deakin%20University%20Library"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/">Deakin University Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Deakin University Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...