The Resource The Alaska reader : voices from the north, edited by Anne Hanley and Carolyn Kremers
- The Alaska reader : voices from the north, edited by Anne Hanley and Carolyn Kremers
- Title remainder
- voices from the north
- Statement of responsibility
- edited by Anne Hanley and Carolyn Kremers
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references
- Children of dreamers: from Ordinary wolves / Seth Kantner -- 1972: Moving to Alaska to open a meat shop / Arlitia Jones -- Snobs / Jean Anderson -- Fire / Linda Schandelmeier -- from Road song / Natalie Kusz -- from Correcting the landscape / Marjorie Kowalski Cole -- from Johnny's girl / Kim Rich -- Taking risks, confronting consequences: from Man made cold by the universe / Sherry Simpson -- Quitter / Robert Service -- from Coming into the country / John McPhee -- from Old Yukon / James Wickersham -- Sign on a cabin in the caribou hills / Arlitia Jones -- from Tracks of the unseen / Nick Jans -- from Rowing to latitude / Jill Fredston -- from Wager with the wind: Don Sheldon story / James Greiner -- To build a fire / Jack London -- Transformations: Man who swam with beavers / Nancy Lord -- Man who spent the winter with bears / Jennie Masruana Jackson -- Fairy tale / Sheila Nickerson -- Qadanalchen's song / Peter Kalifornsky -- from Peter Kalifornsky's dream /Alan S. Boraas -- Entering the surroundings / Ann Fox Chandonnet -- Grandpa Jakwteen in eclipse / Nora Marks Dauenhauer -- What whales and infants know / Kimberley Cornwall -- Rowing toward the spirit world / Tom Sexton -- Naming and unnaming: from Alaska wilderness / Robert Marshall -- Grandmama's visit / June McGlashan Dirks -- from Place of the pretend people: Gifts from a Yup'ik Eskimo village / Carolyn Kremers -- Not to talk bad of the weather / Jerah Chadwick -- from Stars, the snow, the fire / John Haines -- Cross talk / Nora Marks Dauenhauer -- There is no word for goodbye / Mary TallMountain -- What to bring for the next century / Joseph Enzweiler -- Finding self and spirit: Homestead / John Haines -- from Travels in Alaska / John Muir -- Braided river / Peggy Shumaker -- Why subsistence is a matter of cultural survival: Yup'ik point of view / John Active -- December: for spirit / John Morgan -- from Bamboo fly rod suite: reflections on fishing and the geography of grace / Frank Soos -- Feminine and masculine unbound: Nawalaskam agagaa: Woman of Ounalashka / Jerah Chadwick -- from Working on the edge: surviving in the world's most dangerous profession: King crab fishing on Alaska's high seas / Spike Walker -- Harry / Phoebe Newman -- from Raising ourselves / Velma Wallis --
- Love song / Semyon Pan'kov -- from Shadows on the Koyukuk / Sidney Huntington -- from Cold day for murder / Dana Stabenow -- Alaska as a parable for the future: from Firecracker boys / Dan O'Neill -- from Whale and the supercomputer / Charles Wohlforth -- from Moonlight at midday / Sally Carrighar -- from Shadow of the hunter / Richard K. Nelson -- Last wolf / Mary TallMountain -- from Two in the far North / Margaret E. Murie -- from tales of Alaska's bush rat governor: Extraordinary autobiography of Jay Hammond, wilderness guide and reluctant politician / Jay Hammond -- Requiem for the Arctic refuge / John Haines -- Next chapter / Howard Weaver -- For the sake of the light / Tom Sexton -- Contributors -- Permissions
- Control code
- 23 cm
- xii, 284 p.
- System control number
ContextContext of The Alaska reader : voices from the north, edited by Anne Hanley and Carolyn Kremers
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance The Alaska reader : voices from the north, edited by Anne Hanley and Carolyn Kremers
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/DMKbC7UipDo/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/DMKbC7UipDo/">The Alaska reader : voices from the north, edited by Anne Hanley and Carolyn Kremers</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/#Deakin%20University%20Library"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/">Deakin University Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Deakin University Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...