The Resource The Esoteric Origins of the American Renaissance.
- The Esoteric Origins of the American Renaissance.
- United States -- Intellectual life -- 19th century
- American literature -- 19th century -- History and criticism
- Occultism -- United States -- History -- 19th century
- Occultism in literature
- American literature -- European influences
- Criticism, interpretation, etc
- Transcendentalism (New England)
- In this work, Arthur Versluis shows that many writers of the so-called American Renaissance were inspired by Western esoteric currents. Before offering his analysis of the esoteric elements in the writings of figures from the American Renaissance, Versluis offers an overview of esotericism in Europe and its offshoots in colonial America
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- PS217.O33 V47 2001eb
- PS217.O33V47 2001
- PS217.O33V47 2000
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
ContextContext of The Esoteric Origins of the American Renaissance.
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The Esoteric Origins of the American Renaissance.
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/DlLgHR0mxKo/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/DlLgHR0mxKo/">The Esoteric Origins of the American Renaissance.</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/#Deakin%20University%20Library"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/">Deakin University Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Deakin University Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...