The Resource Evaluating food assistance programs in an era of welfare reform : summary of a workshop
- Evaluating food assistance programs in an era of welfare reform : summary of a workshop
- Title remainder
- summary of a workshop
- Statement of responsibility
- Elizabeth Evanson, Charles F. Manski, and Terri M. Scanlan, editors ; Committee on National Statistics, Board on Children, Youth, and Families, Commission on Behavioral and Social Sciences and Education, Food and Nutrition Board, National Research Council, Institute of Medicine
- National Research Council (U.S.), Board on Children, Youth, and Families
- Scanlan, Terri M.
- Manski, Charles F.
- National Research Council (U.S.), Food and Nutrition Board
- National Research Council (U.S.), Committee on National Statistics
- Workshop on the Evaluation of Food Assistance Programs in an Era of Welfare Reform, 1998
- Evanson, Elizabeth
- Sponsoring body
- On August 22, 1996, President Clinton signed the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act (PRWORA). This comprehensive welfare reform act replaced the entitlement status of Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) with the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) block grant that now allows states to set their own eligibility standards and benefit levels for individuals. PRWORA emphasizes a "welfare to work" concept, including time limits for assistance, strong work requirements, a performance bonus to reward states for moving welfare recipients into jobs, and increased funding for child care. PRWORA also brought many changes to food assistance programs. These are discussed in detail in the main text of this workshop summary. The workshop discussions focused on the impact of PRWORA related changes in food assistance programs, not on the impact of these changes in public assistance more generally
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- Funding information
- The project that is the subject of this report was supported by funds provided by the Economic Research Service, United States Department of Agriculture through Grant No. SBR-9709489 between the National Academy of Sciences and the National Science Foundation for support of core activities of the Committee on National Statistics. Any opinions, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this publication are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the view of the organizations or agencies that provided support for this project
- no index present
- LC call number
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
ContextContext of Evaluating food assistance programs in an era of welfare reform : summary of a workshop
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Evaluating food assistance programs in an era of welfare reform : summary of a workshop
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/FlXgnR2pNps/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/FlXgnR2pNps/">Evaluating food assistance programs in an era of welfare reform : summary of a workshop</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/#Deakin%20University%20Library"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/">Deakin University Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Deakin University Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...