The Resource AIDS and power : why there is no political crisis - yet, Alex de Waal
- AIDS and power : why there is no political crisis - yet, Alex de Waal
- Title remainder
- why there is no political crisis - yet
- Statement of responsibility
- Alex de Waal
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references
- Contents: 1. A manageable catastrophe -- Life expectancy and public opinion -- Structure of this book -- 2. Denial and how it is overcome -- Private experience and public concern -- Giving meaning to AIDS -- 'Normalizing' AIDS -- Sex and power -- Domesticating AIDS - and its costs -- The media and overcoming denial -- Pavement radio -- 3. AIDS activists : reformers and revolutionaries -- Confrontation and its limits -- 'Positive positive women' -- AIDS and elections -- Activist networks, local and global -- Transformations in governance -- New solidarities -- 4. How African democracies withstand AIDS -- The issue of a lifetime -- 'Weber in reverse' -- How do African states 'really' function? -- Democratic demographics -- The economics of democracy -- 'New variant famine' -- 5. The political benefits of AIDS -- Ugandan myths -- ABC : carefully mixed messages -- 'Fighting' AIDS -- On the difficulties of showing success -- Treatment regimes -- 6. Power, choices and survival
- Lutaaya, 'alone' -- Democracies can manage AIDS -- Democracies do not prevent HIV
- Control code
- 21 cm
- ix, 147 p.
- Other control number
- System control number
ContextContext of AIDS and power : why there is no political crisis - yet, Alex de Waal
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance AIDS and power : why there is no political crisis - yet, Alex de Waal
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/O03VllubjHg/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/O03VllubjHg/">AIDS and power : why there is no political crisis - yet, Alex de Waal</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/#Deakin%20University%20Library"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/">Deakin University Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Deakin University Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...