The Resource Privatizing China : socialism from afar, edited by Li Zhang and Aihwa Ong
- Privatizing China : socialism from afar, edited by Li Zhang and Aihwa Ong
- Title remainder
- socialism from afar
- Statement of responsibility
- edited by Li Zhang and Aihwa Ong
- Papers originally presented at a conference held in Shanghai, China, June 27-29, 2004
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 237-270) and index
- Introduction : privatizing China : powers of the self, socialism from afar / Aihwa Ong and Li Zhang -- Private homes, distinct lifestyles : performing a new middle class / Li Zhang -- Property rights and homeowner activism in new neighborhoods / Benjamin L. Read -- Socialist land masters : the territorial politics of accumulation / You-tien Hsing -- Tax tensions : struggles over income and revenue / Bei Li and Steven M. Sheffrin -- "Reorganized moralism" : the politics of transnational labor codes / Pun Ngai -- Neoliberalism and Hmong/Miao transnational media ventures / Louisa Schein -- Consuming medicine and biotechnology in China / Nancy N. Chen -- Should I quit? : tobacco, fraught identity, and the risks of governmentality / Matthew Kohrman -- Wild consumptions : relocating responsibilities in the time of SARS / Mei Zhan -- Post-Mao professionalism : self-enterprise and patriotism / Lisa M. Hoffman -- Self-fashioning Shanghainese : dancing across spheres of value / Aihwa Ong -- Living buddhas, netizens, and the price of religious freedom / Dan Smyer Yü -- Privatizing control : Internet cafés in China / Zhou Yongming -- Afterword : thinking outside the Leninist corporate box / Ralph A. Litzinger
- Control code
- 24 cm
- viii, 282 p.
- System control number
ContextContext of Privatizing China : socialism from afar, edited by Li Zhang and Aihwa Ong
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance Privatizing China : socialism from afar, edited by Li Zhang and Aihwa Ong
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/SZh3V6Zl-8M/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/SZh3V6Zl-8M/">Privatizing China : socialism from afar, edited by Li Zhang and Aihwa Ong</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/#Deakin%20University%20Library"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/">Deakin University Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Deakin University Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...