The Resource Kant's concept of genius : its origin and function in the third 'critique'
- Kant's concept of genius : its origin and function in the third 'critique'
- Title remainder
- its origin and function in the third 'critique'
- Statement of responsibility
- Paul W. Bruno
- While many studies have chronicled the Romantic legacy of artistic genius, this book uncovers the roots of the concept of genius in Kant's third Critique, alongside the development of his understanding of nature. Paul Bruno addresses a genuine gap in the existing scholarship by exploring the origins of Kant's thought on aesthetic judgment and particularly the artist. The development of the word 'genius' and its intimate association with the artist played itself out in a rich cultural context, a context that is inescapably significant in Western thought. Bruno shows how in many ways we are sti
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .B78 2010eb
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- Continuum studies in philosophy
ContextContext of Kant's concept of genius : its origin and function in the third 'critique'
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Kant's concept of genius : its origin and function in the third 'critique'
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/UwNaEcyMM0Q/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/UwNaEcyMM0Q/">Kant's concept of genius : its origin and function in the third 'critique'</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/#Deakin%20University%20Library"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/">Deakin University Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Deakin University Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...