The Resource The critical response to Herman Melville's Moby-Dick, edited by Kevin J. Hayes
- The critical response to Herman Melville's Moby-Dick, edited by Kevin J. Hayes
- Statement of responsibility
- edited by Kevin J. Hayes
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -245) and index
- Series Foreword / Cameron Northouse -- Introduction: Moby-Dick and the Aesthetics of Response -- Contemporary Reviews. Rhapsody Run Mad / Anonymous. Heroics and Horrors / Anonymous. A Strange, Wild, Weird Book / George Henry Lewes. A Book of Extraordinary Merit / Anonymous. The Judgment Day Will Hold Him Liable / Anonymous. Vile Overdaubing with a Coat of Book-Learning and Mysticism / Anonymous. Wildly Imaginative and Truly Thrilling / Anonymous. An Intellectual Chowder / Evert Duyckinck. His Whole Soul Is Rapt in His Subject / Anonymous -- The Melville Revival. A Medley of Noble Impassioned Thoughts / W. Clark Russell. The Practical with the Ideal / H. S. Salt. A Strange, Conglomerate Book / William B. Cairns. "Moby Dick" and the Years to Come / Anonymous. Romance and Adventure / Anonymous. "Moby Dick" / E. L. Grant Watson. A Moby-Dick Testimonial: "A Wayfarer" / H. W. Massingham. Not Everybody's Book / Frank Swinnerton. Great Names: Herman Melville / Viola Meynell
- The Crown of Melville's Artistic Achievement / J. C. Squire. An Introduction to Herman Melville's Moby-Dick: or the Whale / A. S. W. Rosenbach. Mr. Melville's "Moby-Dick" / Carl Van Doren. A Magnificent Feeling / Charles Burchfield. Herman Melville / Thomas Moult. Who Is Melville? / Anonymous. Footnote to Bartlett's / Christopher Morley -- Academic Attention. Melville's Struggle with the Angel / Leon Howard. Moby-Dick: Work of Art / Walter E. Bezanson. Moby-Dick and the American West / Edwin Fussell. Moby-Dick: Line and Circle / John Seelye. Ishmael's Godly Gamesomeness: Selftaste and Rhetoric in Moby-Dick / Warwick Wadlington. "Loomings": Yarns and Figures in the Fabric / Harrison Hayford. Ahab Gets Girl, or Herman Melville Goes to the Movies / Edward Stone. The Madness of Ahab / Henry Nash Smith. Herman Melville and the Example of Sir Thomas Browne / Brian Foley. Moby-Dick and the Spirit of Revolution / Mark Niemeyer
- Control code
- 25 cm
- xxviii, 255 p.
- Isbn Type
- (hardcover : alk. paper)
- System control number
ContextContext of The critical response to Herman Melville's Moby-Dick, edited by Kevin J. Hayes
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance The critical response to Herman Melville's Moby-Dick, edited by Kevin J. Hayes
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/Zyx9gPoBLpU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/Zyx9gPoBLpU/">The critical response to Herman Melville's Moby-Dick, edited by Kevin J. Hayes</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/#Deakin%20University%20Library"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/">Deakin University Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Deakin University Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...