The Resource War and the illiberal conscience, Christopher Coker
- War and the illiberal conscience, Christopher Coker
- Statement of responsibility
- Christopher Coker
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references and index
- 1. War and the Liberal Conscience. G. K. Chesterton and the English Tradition. Who's Afraid of Leonard Woolf? The English and Philosophical Quackery. The Problem of Not Reading Nietzsche Correctly. The Liberal Temper. War and the Liberal Consciousness -- 2. War and Peace. A Jew on Horseback: Isaac Babel and the Russian Civil War. Ernst Junger and the War Machine. Curzio Malaparte on the Eastern Front -- 3. A People Without a History. A People with a History: Hegel and the German Nation. A People Without a History: Liberal America and the Winning of the West. Jung and the Reversion to Barbarism. History and Self-Victimisation -- 4. War and Nationalism. Max Weber and the Destiny of the German People. Catastrophism and the Agony of Poland. Gramsci and National Liberation Wars. George Orwell and the Myth of England -- 5. The Will to Power. On Napoleon and Napoleonism. Bergson and the 'Elan Vital'. Wittgenstein and the Sanction of Battle. Sade and the Brotherhood of Man
- 6. War and the Illiberal Unconscious. The Archduke Franz Ferdinand and the Pathology of Hunting. Moosbrugger, Serial Murder and the Enemy Within. Child Abuse in Fin-de-Siecle Vienna and the Totalitarian Mentality. The Identity Crisis and European Nationalism -- 7. War, the Liberal Conscience and the Postmodern Era. The Postrevolutionary Age. The Posthistorical Agenda. A Postmilitary Society. Conclusion: Liberalism and the Tragic Spirit
- Control code
- 24 cm
- xvi, 240 p.
- Isbn Type
- (hc : alk. paper)
- System control number
ContextContext of War and the illiberal conscience, Christopher Coker
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance War and the illiberal conscience, Christopher Coker
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/b3yR8KnfE0g/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/b3yR8KnfE0g/">War and the illiberal conscience, Christopher Coker</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/#Deakin%20University%20Library"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/">Deakin University Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Deakin University Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...