The Resource Alcohol and wine in health and disease, edited by Dipak K. Das and Fulvio Ursini
- Alcohol and wine in health and disease, edited by Dipak K. Das and Fulvio Ursini
- Statement of responsibility
- edited by Dipak K. Das and Fulvio Ursini
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references and index
- Alcohol and wine in the prevention of cardiovascular disease : epidemiological evidence -- Balancing the risks and benefits of moderate drinking / by R. Curtis Ellison -- Alcohol and cardiovascular diseases : a historical perspective / by Arthur L. Klatsky -- Alcohol, type of alcohol, and all-cause and coronary heart disease mortality / by Morton Grønbæk -- Polyphenolic components of wine -- Wine phenolics / by Andrew L. Waterhouse -- Wine, biodiversity, technology, and antioxidants / by Fulvio Mattivi, Christian Zulian, Giorgio Nicolini, and Leonardo Valenti -- Chemistry of the antioxidant effect of polyphenols / by Wolf Bors and Christa Michel -- Bioflavonoid-rich botanical extracts show antioxidant and gene regulatory activity / by Kishorchandra Gohil and Lester Packer -- Vasodilating procyanidins derived from grape seeds / by David F. Fitzpatrick, Bettye Bing, David A. Maggi, Richard C. Fleming, and Rebecca M. O'Malley -- Inhibition by wine polyphenols of peroxynitrite-initiated chemiluminescence and NADH oxidation / by Alberto Boveris, Laura Valdez, and Silvia Alvarez -- Effects of alcohol/wine on cardioprotection and atherosclerosis -- The protective and anti-protective effects of ethanol in a myocardial infarct model / by Maike Krenz, Michael V. Cohen, and James M. Downey -- Cardiovascular protection by alcohol and polyphenols : role of nitric oxide / by Dale A. Parks and Francois M. Booyse -- Cardioprotection with alcohol : role of both alcohol and polyphenolic antioxidants / by Motoaki Sato, Nilanjana Maulik, and Dipak K. Das -- Wine, diet, antioxidant defenses, and oxidative damage / by Druso D. Pérez, Pablo Strobel, Rocío Foncea, M. Soledad Díez, Luis Vásquez, Inés Urquiaga, Oscar Castillo, Ada Cuevas, Alejandra San Martín, and Federico Leighton -- Wine flavonoids protect against LDL oxidation and atherosclerosis / by Michael Aviram and Bianca Fuhrman -- Scientific aspects which justify the benefits of the Mediterranean diet : mild-to-moderate versus heavy drinking / by M.-I. Covas, J. Marrugat, M. Fitó, R. Elosua, and C. de la Torre-Boronat -- Antithrombotic effect of polyphenols in experimental models : a mechanism of reduced vascular risk by moderate wine consumption / by Giovanni de Gaetano, Amalia de Curtis, Augusto di Castelnuovo, Maria Benedetta Donati, Licia Iacoviello, and Serenella Rotondo
- Control code
- 24 cm
- xiii, 350 p.
- Isbn Type
- (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Other physical details
- System control number
ContextContext of Alcohol and wine in health and disease, edited by Dipak K. Das and Fulvio Ursini
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance Alcohol and wine in health and disease, edited by Dipak K. Das and Fulvio Ursini
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/gAiCSjpKuww/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/gAiCSjpKuww/">Alcohol and wine in health and disease, edited by Dipak K. Das and Fulvio Ursini</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/#Deakin%20University%20Library"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/">Deakin University Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Deakin University Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...