The Resource What happened to the ancient Library of Alexandria?
- What happened to the ancient Library of Alexandria?
- Statement of responsibility
- edited by Mostafa El-Abbadi and Omnia Mounir Fathallah ; with a preface by Ismail Serageldin
- "This book covers a wide range of topics, beginning with an initial presentation of different Ancient Egyptian types of library institutions, with a special focus on the later Coptic Nag Hamadi Library. It then deals with the troubled times under later Ptolemies and Romans, when the Royal Library, the Daughter Library and the Mouseion, came under a succession of threats: Caesar's Alexandrian War in 48 B.C., and during the tragic developments in the third and fourth centuries which ultimately culminated in the destruction of the Serapeum that housed the Daughter Library."--Jacket
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- Language note
- In English with 2 chapters in French
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .W53 2008eb
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- Library of the written word,
- The manuscript world
- Series volume
- volume 3.
- volume 1
ContextContext of What happened to the ancient Library of Alexandria?
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work What happened to the ancient Library of Alexandria?
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/gl4uHFURy60/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/gl4uHFURy60/">What happened to the ancient Library of Alexandria?</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/#Deakin%20University%20Library"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/">Deakin University Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Deakin University Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...