The Resource Liberalism and pluralism : towards a politics of compromise, Richard Bellamy
- Liberalism and pluralism : towards a politics of compromise, Richard Bellamy
- Title remainder
- towards a politics of compromise
- Statement of responsibility
- Richard Bellamy
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references
- Introduction: the challenge of pluralism -- Pt. I. Liberal democracy and the exclusion of politics. 1. Trading values: Hayek and the dethronement of politics by markets. 2. Trimming values: Rawls and the constitutional avoidance of politics. 3. Segregating values: Walzer and the communitarian containment of politics -- Pt. II. Democratic liberalism and the politics of compromise. 4. Negotiating values: from consensus to compromise. 5. A negotiating democracy: the political constitution of a pluralist policy -- Pt. III. Pluralism, liberalism and democracy in Britain. 6. Trading democracy for markets: the Citizen's Charter and the contracting state. 7. Trimming democracy: the Human Rights Act. 8. De-segregating democracy: whose Europe, which community?
- Control code
- 24 cm
- 245p. :
- System control number
ContextContext of Liberalism and pluralism : towards a politics of compromise, Richard Bellamy
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance Liberalism and pluralism : towards a politics of compromise, Richard Bellamy
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/h_TrORdUAxY/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/h_TrORdUAxY/">Liberalism and pluralism : towards a politics of compromise, Richard Bellamy</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/#Deakin%20University%20Library"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/">Deakin University Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Deakin University Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...