Transforming cities : contested governance and new spatial divisions, edited by Nick Jewson and Susanne MacGregorThe Resource Transforming cities : contested governance and new spatial divisions, edited by Nick Jewson and Susanne MacGregor
- Transforming cities : contested governance and new spatial divisions, edited by Nick Jewson and Susanne MacGregor
- Title remainder
- contested governance and new spatial divisions
- Statement of responsibility
- edited by Nick Jewson and Susanne MacGregor
- "Derived from papers delivered at the British Sociological Association Annual Conference for 1995"--P. 1
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -236) and index
- Transforming Cities: Social Exclusion and the Reinvention of Partnership / Nick Jewson and Susanne MacGregor -- 1. Contested Cities: Social Process and Spatial Form / David Harvey -- 2. The Entrepreneurial City: Re-Imaging Localities, Redesigning Economic Governance, or Restructuring Capital? / Bob Jessop -- 3. Post-Fordism and Criminality / John Lea -- 4. Cool Times for a Changing City / Rosemary Mellor -- 5. Beyond 'Culture City': Glasgow as a 'Dual City' / Gerry Mooney and Mike Danson -- 6. 'Race', Housing and the City / Peter Ratcliffe -- 7. Violence, Space and Gender: The Social and Spatial Parameters of Violence Against Women and Men / Jayne Mooney -- 8. Challenging Perceptions: 'Community' and Neighbourliness on a Difficult-to-let Estate / Janet Foster -- 9. Hegemony and Regime in Urban Governance: Towards a Theory of the Locally Networked State / Chris Collinge and Stephen Hall -- 10. Urban Partnerships, Economic Regeneration and the 'Healthy City' / Mike Sheaff
- 11. Policing Late Modernity: Changing Strategies of Crime Management in Contemporary Britain / Gordon Hughes -- 12. Poverty and Partnership in the Third European Poverty Programme: The Liverpool Case / Robert Moore -- 13. Downtown Redevelopment and Community Resistance: An International Perspective / Mike Beazley, Patrick Loftman and Brendan Nevin -- 14. Religion, Education and City Politics: A Case Study of Community Mobilisation / Wendy Ball and James A. Beckford -- 15. Poverty, Excluded Communities and Local Democracy / Mike Geddes
- Control code
- 24 cm
- xi, 244 p.
- System control number
ContextContext of Transforming cities : contested governance and new spatial divisions, edited by Nick Jewson and Susanne MacGregor
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance Transforming cities : contested governance and new spatial divisions, edited by Nick Jewson and Susanne MacGregor
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/pWecsZZJdgM/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/pWecsZZJdgM/">Transforming cities : contested governance and new spatial divisions, edited by Nick Jewson and Susanne MacGregor</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/#Deakin%20University%20Library"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/">Deakin University Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Deakin University Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...