The Resource Useful theory : making critical education practical, edited by Rebecca A. Goldstein
- Useful theory : making critical education practical, edited by Rebecca A. Goldstein
- Title remainder
- making critical education practical
- Statement of responsibility
- edited by Rebecca A. Goldstein
- Bibliography note
- Includes bibliographical references and index
- Introduction: why a book on "useful theory"? What makes theory "useful"? / Rebecca A. Goldstein and Andrew R. Beutel. Pt. 1. From theory ... The perilous pitfalls of praxis: critical pedagogy as "regime of truth" / Rebecca A. Goldstein -- The manufacture of intent / John Pascarella -- Listening to youth voices: activism and critical pedagogy / Leonisa Ardizzone. Pt. 2. ... Into praxis. What does social justice have to do with us? Sixth graders and pre-service teachers inquire collaboratively / Monica Taylor and Gennife Otinsky -- What happened to the street? Seeking democracy through action research / David Lee Keiser and Joelle Tutela -- Dignity and democracy in the college classroom: the practice of student self-examination / Juan-Miguel Fernández-Balboa. Pt. 3. Critical praxis in the digital age. "Doing technology" in the college classroom: media literacy as critical pedagogy / Vanessa Domine -- The practices and process of developing technology fluency across boundaries of race, gender, age, and space / Donna DeGennaro. Pt. 4. Critical praxis and including all "voices". Inclusion for democracy: who's in my classroom, and how do I teach them? / Marissa L. Bier -- Disability, culture, simultaneous renewal, and democratic education / Leah A. Henry-Beauchamp -- Refugees and education in the United States: developing a critical understanding of Bosnian refugee experiences in New York City schools / Jacqueline Mosselson. Pt. 5. Conclusion. It is a conceptual thing: learning to live critical pedagogy / Rebecca A. Goldstein
- Control code
- 23 cm
- viii, 243 p.
- System control number
ContextContext of Useful theory : making critical education practical, edited by Rebecca A. Goldstein
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Instance Useful theory : making critical education practical, edited by Rebecca A. Goldstein
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/q2Q1L2hPvEY/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Instance"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/q2Q1L2hPvEY/">Useful theory : making critical education practical, edited by Rebecca A. Goldstein</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/#Deakin%20University%20Library"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/">Deakin University Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Deakin University Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...