The Resource Japan's security relations with China since 1989 : from balancing to bandwagoning?
- Japan's security relations with China since 1989 : from balancing to bandwagoning?
- Title remainder
- from balancing to bandwagoning?
- Statement of responsibility
- Reinhard Drifte
- "The book investigates how and why since the 1990s China has turned in the Japanese perception from a benign neighbour to an ominous challenge, with implications not only for Japan's security, but also its economy, role in Asia and identity as the first developed Asian nation. Japan's reaction to this challenge has been a policy of engagement, which consists of political and economic enmeshment of China, hedged by political and military power balancing." "The approach of this book is the use of an extended security concept to analyse this policy, which allows a better and more systematic understanding of its many inherent contradictions and conflicting dynamics, including the centrifugal forces arising from the Japan-China-US triangular relationship. The book raises the question of whether Japan's political leadership, which is still preoccupied with finding a new political constellation and with overcoming a deep economic crisis, is able to handle such a complex policy in the face of an increasingly assertive China and a US alliance partner with strong swings between engaging and containing China's power."--Jacket
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- .D75 2003eb
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- The Nissan Institute/RoutledgeCurzon Japanese studies series
ContextContext of Japan's security relations with China since 1989 : from balancing to bandwagoning?
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Japan's security relations with China since 1989 : from balancing to bandwagoning?
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/r1cSUah6aDo/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/r1cSUah6aDo/">Japan's security relations with China since 1989 : from balancing to bandwagoning?</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/#Deakin%20University%20Library"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/">Deakin University Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Deakin University Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...