The Resource Cell phones, laptops and facebook : what can I do about them?
- Cell phones, laptops and facebook : what can I do about them?
- Title remainder
- what can I do about them?
- Statement of responsibility
- with W. Scott Lewis
- While making your life easier, technology has also provided a number of new challenges in the classroomparticularly with cell phones, laptops and social networking sites. Unfortunately, students are using these devices and technologies to: --Rake and make calls during class --Record lectures --Check their messages --Cheat on tests. When it comes to effectively managing when, where and how these tools are related to classroom learning, faculty members need to be sufficiently informed on how to set clear expectations and enforce them. In this Magna 20 Minute Mentor W. Scott Lewis, J.D., past-president of the Association for Student Conduct Administration (ASCA), draws on his experience as a faculty member and student affairs administrator to offer you specific strategies to manage this challenge. During this 20 minute professional development program, you will learn: --The positive and negative challenges of teaching the Millennial Generation, the most technologically skilled and savvy generation ever. --How to work with Millennials more effectively on the use of cell phones, laptops and Facebook. --Considerations and factors involved in being a 2friend3 of a student on Facebook. --How to set boundaries in communicating with students
- Learning outcomes. At the conclusion of this program, you will know how to: --Better anticipate the interests of Millennials related to cell phone, laptop and Facebook use. --Set a workable classroom policy for cell phone, laptop and Facebook use in class while at the same time keeping in mind institutional guidelines or requirements. --Establish a classroom policy on recording lectures. --Kanopy
- Cataloging source
- Date time place
- Originally produced by Magna Publications in 2012
- Series statement
- Magna Online Seminar
ContextContext of Cell phones, laptops and facebook : what can I do about them?
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Cell phones, laptops and facebook : what can I do about them?
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/syAnbyehrR0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/syAnbyehrR0/">Cell phones, laptops and facebook : what can I do about them?</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/#Deakin%20University%20Library"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/">Deakin University Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Deakin University Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...