The Resource Coffee break!
- Coffee break!
- Statement of responsibility
- directed by Júrgen Laurvig and Bent Erik Krúyer
- Next to oil, coffee is the most important commodity in the world. Millions of cups are consumed daily around the world. Yet few people know anything about the cost of the product in human and environmental terms. This documentary was filmed during the coffee harvest on a farm near the border between Nicaragua and Honduras. Here the conditions are almost feudal. The work starts at 12:30 at night and continues until six the next evening. On a good day, the best of the pickers can earn up to three dollars, but most of the women and children earn half that much. Children as young as eight are out in the fields to add to their family's income. In addition to the back breaking labor, the workers are exposed to pesticides that are harmful both to themselves and the environment. Even though coffee prices go higher and higher, it does not change the conditions of the farm workers in their marginal existence
- Additional physical form
- Previously released as DVD
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- Intended audience
- For High School; College; Adult audiences
- Language note
- This edition in English
- Series statement
- Global business and economics in video
- Target audience
ContextContext of Coffee break!
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Coffee break!
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/tjjaozxw668/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/tjjaozxw668/">Coffee break!</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/#Deakin%20University%20Library"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/">Deakin University Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Deakin University Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...