The Resource Homegrown Development in Africa : Reality or illusion?
- Homegrown Development in Africa : Reality or illusion?
- Title remainder
- Reality or illusion?
- Statement of responsibility
- Chukwumerije Okereke and Patricia Agupusi
- Sustainable development -- Government policy -- Ghana
- Sustainable development -- Government policy -- South Africa
- Sustainable development -- Government policy -- Kenya
- Economic assistance, Domestic -- Africa, Sub-Saharan
- Poverty -- Africa, Sub-Saharan
- Economic development -- Africa, Sub-Saharan
- Sustainable development -- Government policy -- Nigeria
- Sustainable development -- Government policy -- Africa, Sub-Saharan
- "Internationally driven development programmes have not been entirely successful in transforming the economic status of African countries. Since the late 1990s many African countries have started to take initiatives to develop an integrated framework that tackles poverty and promotes socio-economic development in their respective countries. This book provides a critical evaluation of 'homegrown' development initiatives in Africa, set up as alternatives to externally sponsored development. Focusing specifically on Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa and Kenya, the book takes a qualitative and comparative approach to offer the first ever in-depth analysis of indigenous development programmes. It examines: - How far African states have moved towards more homegrown development strategies. - The effects of the shift towards African homegrown socio-economic development strategies and the conditions needed to enhance their success and sustainability. This book will be of interest to students and scholars of development studies, international politics, political economy, public policy and African politics, sociology and economics."--Publisher
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- E5578 2015
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- Routledge studies in African politics and international relations
- Series volume
ContextContext of Homegrown Development in Africa : Reality or illusion?
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Homegrown Development in Africa : Reality or illusion?
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/tsS7Al7TYmk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/resource/tsS7Al7TYmk/">Homegrown Development in Africa : Reality or illusion?</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/#Deakin%20University%20Library"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.library.deakin.edu.au/">Deakin University Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Deakin University Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...